Loft Conversions Company manages every aspect of loft conversion from drawing architectural plans right through to completion of all finishing trades, leaving the completed Loft Conversion ready for decoration. As North End's leading Loft Conversion specialist, we have been transforming homes for over two decades building hundreds of fantastic living spaces to suit your lifestyle and needs. With us, you will get a cost-effective Loft Conversion that will add value to your property in North End.
Loft conversions are generally deemed permitted development as long as they follow specific restrictions and requirements stipulated in Schedule 2, Part 1, Class B of The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015. It's usually a good idea to consult an architect or builder to establish whether or not you require planning approval. Please keep in mind that existing loft additions must be factored into the volume allowed.
• The loft conversion does not extend beyond the plane of the house's current roof slope at the front (the principal elevation). • The loft conversion does not rise over the highest point of the existing roof.
• There are no verandas, balconies, or elevated platforms in the loft conversion.
• The loft conversion is built using materials that complement the rest of the property.
• Any windows on the side must be obscure-glazed (to stop people from seeing in and out).
• Any side-facing windows must be at least 1.7m high.
• Your house is not in a recognized area, such as a national park, an area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB), a conservation area, or a World Heritage Site.
• With the exception of hip-to-gable expansions, roof extensions must be placed back at least 20cm from the original eaves.
• A roof addition must not overhang the original house's outside wall.
A dormer loft conversion is a vertical extension of your current roof pitch. In most circumstances, a dormer loft conversion does not require planning clearance. Because the building will normally not necessitate any drastic alterations to the exterior of your property, the work is usually classified as approved development. You must, however, ensure that the expansion is placed back at least 20cm from the original eaves. The height should also not surpass the original roof's height. Planning clearance will be necessary if this is not the case.
A mansard loft conversion includes elevating one side of your roof's pitch until it is nearly vertical and the top is flat. A mansard loft conversion will almost always require planning clearance.
Turning your loft into an extra room for your kids or a room for you to relax and spend personal time is just as easy as 1,2,3 with Loft Conversions Company. We design your lofts the way you wanted them to be. Our professionals take care of all the details from the preparation to the paperwork. With Loft Conversion Company, we made everything in your loft conversion easy for you. Contact us now so that we can talk about the process and we can start turning your loft into your most desirable space.
The average cost of a Loft Conversion in North End is between £40,000 to £90,000. (in 2022) The most common type of Loft Conversion is the dormer as it adds the most space and best light to your property. A loft conversion will not only give you extra space but also enhance your living space on your property. A loft conversion price depends on many factors such as type of the conversion, type of the roof you have, type of the lighting you want in the loft, the type of windows required, the size of the project, fixtures and fittings, nature of the exterior, client's personal requirements and the site's location. If you want to know the exact cost of your Loft Conversion in North End, you will need to book a site survey or send us your drawings and our loft specialist will review them and get back to you with a quotation.
If you would like to discuss the ways in which a Loft Conversion could enhance your North End home, call us on 0208 1020 675 or email to ask us any questions.