Loft Conversions Company manages every aspect of loft conversion from drawing architectural plans right through to completion of all finishing trades, leaving the completed Loft Conversion ready for decoration. As Rotherhithe's leading Loft Conversion specialist, we have been transforming homes for over two decades building hundreds of fantastic living spaces to suit your lifestyle and needs. With us, you will get a cost-effective Loft Conversion that will add value to your property in Rotherhithe.
When it comes to home upgrades, it's a logical assumption that adding more usable floor space or square footage to your property adds the greatest value. This is why many homeowners prefer to transform their loft space into an additional bedroom, playroom, home office, or guest suite, maximizing a place that was previously utilized for storage (or wholly underused). Several things will influence the extra value of your loft conversion. Every home has a price limit (the maximum amount that it can realistically sell for given the location and type of property).
A loft conversion is considered a Permitted Development and hence does not require planning approval if the limits and requirements are met. There may be regulation changes, municipal limitations, limits due to a conservation area, or restrictions for that building, so always conduct up-to-date inspections and contact specialists before choosing not to file for planning approval and allowing construction to begin.
The followings are the restrictions and criteria for a loft conversion:
• Terraced buildings may have no more than 40 cubic metres of additional roof space, whereas detached and semi-detached dwellings may have up to 50 cubic metres. It should be noted that this includes any past improvements to the roof area, even if done by a previous owner.
• There must be no extension beyond the plane of the current roof slope of the highest elevation fronting the road.
• There must be no expansion above the highest point of the home.
• No addition shall extend beyond the outside face of the existing house's wall.
• There will be no verandas, balconies, or other raised platforms.
• There will be no materials that seem notably different from the current house.
• Side-facing windows must be obscure-glazed, and any opening must be at least 1.7 meters above the floor.
• Except in the case of a hip-to-gable addition, each extension should be placed back at least 20 cm from the original eaves.
• Roof expansions are not permitted in some regions, such as national parks and World Heritage sites.
We are the trusted loft conversion specialist to perform your loft conversion in Rotherhithe. With Loft Conversion Company, you get what your money’s worth because the loft conversion that we do are top-of-the-line and guaranteed to be unique. We have expert professionals to work with you from planning to building your loft conversion.
The average cost of a Loft Conversion in Rotherhithe is between £40,000 to £90,000. (in 2022) The most common type of Loft Conversion is the dormer as it adds the most space and best light to your property. A loft conversion will not only give you extra space but also enhance your living space on your property. A loft conversion price depends on many factors such as type of the conversion, type of the roof you have, type of the lighting you want in the loft, the type of windows required, the size of the project, fixtures and fittings, nature of the exterior, client's personal requirements and the site's location. If you want to know the exact cost of your Loft Conversion in Rotherhithe, you will need to book a site survey or send us your drawings and our loft specialist will review them and get back to you with a quotation.
If you would like to discuss the ways in which a Loft Conversion could enhance your Rotherhithe home, call us on 0208 1020 675 or email to ask us any questions. For a free site survey and design consultation please fill out the form on the right and our team will get back to you as quickly as possible.